Venice Day 4

Hi,

Today started with a visit to a jewelry friend- Ilaria Ruggiero who is a curator and blogger about contemporary jewelry in Venice. In fact I found Valentina through her. Ilaria has set up an exhibition in a gallery space in a hotel. She was kind enough to spend some time talking to me about the exhibition and having a cappuccino.



These two are by Annemarie Zanella who was kind enough to give Ilaria a new publication about her work to give to me.

Then I dragged D and R to another jewelry gallery I promised to visit on my trip here named Oh My Blue. We got tragically lost on our way there - GPS just really doesn't work here very well.





Love the laundry hanging out on our way to the Prada Foundation for a show of Jannis Kounellis. He is an artist whose name is familiar but I don't know much about what he does... 

What I discovered is that he is from the Arte Povera time and I love his choice of materials- lead, wool, paper, coal, armoires, sacks, junk, etc. So now you are going to see a whole lot of images from him.
















Coffee grounds are piled on each one of these hanging platforms.






And for the finale... armoires hanging from the ceiling.

After that amazing show we move on to the Carpenters Workshop show called Dysfunctional. I was looking forward to this but it was a disappointment. The design pieces were displayed in a museum of century's old paintings and somehow it didn't work. I'll just show a few examples.






Now on to finish seeing the Luc Tuymans exhibition in the Palazzo Grassi. I'm not going to give you the printed explanations but just a little hint of their complexity.

This painting is aging over time just like the body it depicts.

Study of pigeon eyes.

European intellectual almost faded away

Self portrait in the glow of a screen.

Murky water

Superstition from the Berkeley Art Museum.

And then we ended the day with a dinner including a Japanese couple that Donna and Ralph meet with all over the world. It was a late night after a long day.

Just one more day and then home.

That's all folks.

xox,
Susan






Comments